Oh Boy Cheese Balls!
But not just any cheese balls, these are a wonderful twist on the classic cheese ball. Everyone loves food on a stick.
The cheese is the classic combination of Cheddar and garlic. But the idea works fine for about any cheese ball you have ever imagined,
Just a base of cream cheese, add another type of cheese (Say a Taco Blend), Some type of filling (say minced bacon and Lettuce), add a Coating (like nuts here, or for the above idea, plop the Taco blended bacon and lettuce cheese ball on top of a half cherry tomato. Insert stick and Viola…
This is a wonderful little idea for a party or when you are asked to bring a plate of Appetizers.
After all, everyone LOVES food on a stick!
OK… Here’s what I did…
Mini Cheese Balls
- 2 (8 Oz) Brick Cream Cheese, Thawed to room temperature
- 2 TBS Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 TBS Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Thin sliced Garlic Chives (Can use Green Onions, the green parts, sliced thin)
- 24 Pretzel Sticks
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese and Mayo. Using the whisk attachment, whisk the cheese until fluffy. This will take about 5 minutes. You will need to scrape the sides of the bowl down frequently and tap the sides of the inside of the bowl with the whisk attachment to free up clogged chunks.
- Add the Cheddar Cheese and garlic powder and fold by hand to mix.
- Divide into 24 equal size pieces, roll them into balls.
- Insert a Pretzel stick
- Roll the sides and bottoms in the Chives
- Arrange on a serving platter and transfer to the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours
- Serve Chilled and ENJOY!