Oh Boy, Stuffed Mushrooms…
But not just any stuffed mushrooms, these have all the flavor of that ubiquitous Bar Snack, the Jalapeno Popper.
These are stuffed with all the ingredients needed… Bacon, Jalapenos to taste (add less if you like, more if needed and leave the seeds and white inner membrane if you really want to bring on the heat), two types of cheese and even a little garlic and Cajun Seasonings.
I served these for of all things, my wife’s book club party. 5 of the 6 ladies dove in and loved the mushrooms. The 6th was a little skittish, being afraid of anything with spice. I assured her the sweet cream cheese balanced out the heat, leaving a delicious melange of flavors without the jalapenos scarring her throat for life. With just a bit of terror in her eyes, she took a nibble… then a bigger bite and finally she was fighting them all for the last mushroom.
A great recipe to convert the skittish.
Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe…
Have you noticed, I LOVE appetizers and showing up at parties and PotLucks with fun dishes like these. Truly, no potluck would be complete without a tray of appetizers. I got a wonderful Christmas gift this year, this easy to use convenient travel tray carrier so my little gems to arrive undamaged. Lids, easy carting handles, seals for freshness and a pretty color. What’s not to love???
Keep scrolling down… here’s the recipe!
OK, Here’s What I Did…
- 12 Button Mushrooms
- 1/2 Brixk (4 OZ) Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 8 slices Bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers, cored, seeds and inner membrane removed, minced
PLUS an additional Jalapeno, sliced into rings for garnish
- 1 TBS Minced garlic
- 1 tsp Cajun Spice mix seasonings
- Salt and Pepper, a large Pinch of each
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar, bacon, jalapeño, and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff mushrooms with mixture and transfer to a baking dish or sheet.
- Add a slice of jalapeno for garnish on the top centered of each stuffed mushroom
- Bake until mushrooms are cooked and mixture warmed through, with just hints of a golden brown and delicious crust forming. About 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, transfer to a serving platter and ENJOY!!!