OH BOY MEATBALL SLIDERS!
But not just any meatball sliders. these little gens are a perfect year round party food, perfect for the “Big game”, Cinco de Mayo party or just because. They are incredibly fast and easy to assemble since they only use store bought ingredients. Yeap, this is a “Bag of Frozen Meatballs” upgrade.
Just add a couple of Tex-Mex ingredients…
Taco Spiced cheese
A Little toasting and an extra brush of butter and Viola… I mean ‘OLE!
Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe and plenty of photo tips to insure success and of course you will all…
OK… Here’s what I did…
- 48 Hawaiian Rolls
- 4 Cups Shredded Taco Spiced Cheese
- 48 Frozen Meatballs. I always use the All Beef, Italian Style
- 1 (24 Ounce) jar Pace Picante Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 Stick (4 TBS) Butter, Melted
- Sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese
- Thaw the meatballs according to package directions.
- Set your oven to broil
- Carefully slice the Hawaiian Rolls in half. Be careful to not mush them with too much force. use a good bread knife and let the knife do the cutting.
- Separate each bun. Arrange tops and bottoms, cut side up on separate cookie trays (remember to arrange so you know which top goes with which bottom) on a cookie sheet, toast both sides, the cut side up. I set the oven to broil and toast for just 3-4 minutes. Watch them so they do not burn, just a nice toast (See first photo in the collage).
CHANGE OVEN SETTING TO 350 DEGREES
- Spread a layer of Taco Spiced Cheese on the toasted side of the bottoms (Second Photo)
- Add a Meatball on each cheese lined bun bottom (Third Photo)
- Add a 1/2 TBS of Picante Chunky Salsa on top of each Meatball (Third Photo)
- Add the tops. Brush with melted butter and generously sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
- Cover the cookie sheets loosely with foil and bake for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted. Arrange in a casserole dish
- Serve Warm and ENJOY!