Oh Boy Pinwheel Appetizers!
But not just any pinwheels, these are simply LOADED with flavor, a delicious ring of thin sliced hard salami spiraled around sweet cream cheese and dotted with roasted red bell Pepper pimento pieces. I added just a hint of a Tuscan garlic Herb Mix to za za zing them up a bit and you have an absolute crowd pleasing plate of appetizers!
And of course…
Everything’s better on a Ritz, right?
There is not much difficult about these little gems. You will need to lay out the salami slices, starting at the top of a large cutting board, one row at a time, overlap them until you have a 12 inch X 12 inch square. When you plop the cream cheese onto the square to spread, plop this time starting at the bottom of the square, evenly heavy across the length of the square. Then it is easier to spread all in one direction with the grain of the overlapping slices. When you start to roll-up, again starting from the bottom, just keep pressing any rogue salami slices as you roll.
Really, not to hard at all and well worth the effort… Everything really is better on a Ritz!
OK… Here’s what I did…
Ingredients – Makes 35 Mini Sandwiches
- 2 Bricks (8 OZ each) Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 Pounds Hard Salami, sliced thin
- 1/4 Cup Ranch Salad Dressing
- 2 TBS Tuscan Garlic herb Mix (McCormick Brand)
- 1 small jar Roasted red Peppers, drained and chopped
- 35 Ritz Crackers
- First, Make the Goo…
In the bowl of a Stand Mixer (KitchenAid), Add the Cream Cheese, Pimentos and the Ranch Salad Dressing together and mix until creamy. Add the spice mix and fold to mix. I use the whisk attachment and scrape down the bowl frequently. This will take about 5 minutes to get the whipped texture.
- Spread your Salami slices out starting at the top of a large cutting board, working in rows, overlapping side to side and top to bottom. You should be able to make 4 squares from the 2 pounds of meat
- and evenly distribute cream cheese mixture among 5 squares and spread just shy of the edges.
- Starting from the bottom, roll up the Salami. Not too tightly or the goo will seep out the ends. Wrap in plastic cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Arrange the Ritz crackers on a serving dish.
- Unwrap and Slice the Salami Roll. Cut the ends off. Cut the remaining tube into 3/4 inch Pieces, Arrange attractively on a cracker. Wrap the platter and return to the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve Chilled and ENJOY!